Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Questions

It's amazing how much can happen in just a few months. It's the final month of my first semester of my Graduate studies and like everyone else, the stress and anxiety is building. Projects are coming to an end, observation logs are due and it's easy to loose sight of why we do all doing this. It's easy to go through the motions, sit in class, do the work, stress out and then count down the days to summer vacation, but that's not the point. We do this for a different reason. I made it a point to approach my graduate work differently than my undergrad work. I wanted to focus on a higher level of thinking and questioning rather than going through the motions and just doing. I am doing this to better myself as an educator and a role model. As an educator it is important that you are respected amongst your peers and your students. The hardest thing about all that's going on in this last month is that we have an end result. We all want to be successful, well respected teachers and are here for that reason. It is important not to forget this when finals are approaching and overbearing deadlines are hanging over us. All of this stress is for a good cause, and it's how we approach it that defines who we will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment